Tuesday, September 08, 2015

'Kim Davis, coming out stories, the Electric Company' & other Tues midday news briefs

Editor's note - I'm tired of Kim Davis. I KNOW you are tired of Kim Davis, but it is very important that we keep our guard up and assert our legal right to marriage equality regardless of anything.  The narrative belongs to us, not people like Kim Davis or Mike Huckabee, That's why I am bringing this news to you. Please don't feel that I am overwhelming you, but the truth is we cannot ignore this situation:

DENIED: Kim Davis Asks Kentucky Gov. to Free Her; Beshear Says Nope - So much for "as long as it takes." 

Five Bizarre Arguments Kim Davis' Supporters Have Used To Defend Her Lawbreaking - In this case, knowledge is our best weapon.

 5 Myths About Kentucky County Clerk Kim Davis You Shouldn’t Fall For - Because there are a lot of lies out there. 

 A Tragic Love Story In 30 Pictures - A reminder of what so many lgbt couples face around the world and symbolically what we here have faced. Warning - it's brutal.

Transgender Student Will Appeal Judge’s Order Against Him In Restroom Case - Good for him!  

LGBT People Reveal The ONE Thing They Wish They'd Known Before Coming Out - This is wonderful. I love this!  As for me, I can't think of anything I wish I had known. At least for now.

If you are still reading, thank you. Enjoy the clip below from a wonderful show of my childhood, The Electric Company. To answer your question, yes that is Morgan Freeman and Rita Moreno:

1 comment:

Erica Cook said...

okay, you win, you had a cooler childhood than me. But I still say Carl Sagan rocked.