Monday, July 27, 2015

'Obama stands up for Kenyan lgbts, how you can help defeat 'religious liberty' lie' & other Mon. midday news briefs

Obama stands up for Kenyan lgbts

Obama Defends Gay Rights on Kenya Trip - I have objected tremendously to some of the headlines and spin of this story. Obama did NOT lecture anyone regardless of what some headlines say. Nor was he smacked down. After being warned not to, Obama simply took a stand for gay Kenyans who are being brutalized and persecuted in their own country.

 Welcome To Lesbian History Week - I feel embarrassed about not knowing about this. But now that I do, it's a wonderful idea for education.

The Texas Supreme Court Just Upended Houston’s LGBT Protections - What happened Friday was some bull#@!%. Even though there are clearly not enough signatures because of irregularities, read what the court said. It will get you furious.

Lawsuit Claims That People Who Want LGBT Americans Treated Equally Are The Real Bigots - This lawsuit could have a NASTY effect on lgbt equality. I would like to say that this clerk won't win, but I don't want to jinx it.

For Transgender Americans, Legal Battles Over Restrooms - An ugly battle which our transgender brothers and sisters DID NOT start but we will ALL finish it with them.

 Last but not least:

I know some folks didn't get to see this morning's post. If you want to read it, go here. However to make matters simple, I announced a twitter campaign to remind folks about the reality behind the "religious liberty" argument. I developed a series of tweets featuring the words and lies of  groups and personalities behind this "religious liberty nonsense. The purpose is to educate and remind people that the "religious liberty" is merely homophobia with a soft touch propagated by folks with a long history of demonizing the lgbt community. If you don't want to read the article, then just retweet the following. They are the first in a series. Trust me when I say that they are mere "cocktail canape" when compared to future tweets I have developed:



No comments: