Wednesday, December 18, 2013

'Duck Dynasty star makes obscenely STUPID anti-gay remark' and other Wednesday midday news briefs

'Duck Dynasty' Star Phil Robertson Says Being Gay Is A Sin - Don't let the headline fool you. He said more than that. Now I have never watched an episode of this show but when I heard the following, I practically swooned like a black woman in church (including making sure that my wig/weave was securely fastened before falling out):

“It seems like, to me, a vagina -- as a man -- would be more desirable than a man’s anus," (Phil) Robertson told GQ. "That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.” “Everything is blurred on what’s right and what’s wrong. Sin becomes fine," he later added. “Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men. Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers -- they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”

Let's see if Robertson is following the plan of a "celebrity making a homophobic comment"

1. Unfairly accusing the entire lgbt community of engaging in one sex act while omitting the fact that many heterosexuals enjoy the same act - CHECK

2. Citing a Biblical verse to cover up his laughable ignorance of the lgbt community - CHECK

All that's left to do are the final two points:

3. Playing the "I'm being persecuted because I merely spoke about my Christian beliefs" card - NOT YET

4. Being defended by the anti-gay right as a "victim of homosexual persecution" - NOT YET. Although between you and me, in light of what he said, I am absolutely dying to hear how the Family Research Council, et. al. is going to defend his comments without talking about the "anus" and "vagina."

In other news briefs:

 Just in time for Christmas, NOM tells kids of gay parents that they're 'deprived '- Have you ever noticed that for an organization who claims that children "need a mother and a father," the National Organization has never, to my knowledge, put forth any plan to help children in orphanages and foster homes to achieve this dream except for the inference of  "keep them from the homosexuals."  

Why An Anti-Gay Court Decision In Texas Could Become The Next Great Gay Rights Victory - This promises to be interesting.

Lively: 2014 Will See Tide Turn Against Satanic LGBT Rights Movement - That Scott Lively. Always good for a long trip to the toilet.  

Obama’s Sochi Delegation Is A Brilliant Response To Anti-Gay Russia - Come on, lgbt brothers and sisters. Give President Obama his props for this brilliant move.

No comments: