Friday, May 10, 2013

Sleazy Family Research Council video slanders boy scouts


The above video is just one of six, according to Joe Jervis, that the Family Research Council has just put on its youtube site. The videos speak against the possible decision by the Boy Scouts of America to allow gay scouts.

The video seems to be innocuous with its interviews of older Boy Scouts and Eagle Scouts. That is except for the ever so slight suggestions of that gay scouts will make sexual advances.

Then at 1:38, it knocks you on your ass with an Eagle Scout from Virginia talking about how he would feel uncomfortable "in a tent, closed off from the world" if his best friend or an older Scout made advances on him.

I don't know what saddens me more - the idea that FRC implies that a gay member of the Boy Scouts would automatically talk about sex or make advances or that the group uses young adults to do its dirty work.

At any rate, the video is sleazy and disgusting. Desperation does leave an odor, doesn't it?


3 comments:

Mykelb said...

The Boy Scouts have always been associated with religion. One cannot be an atheist and be in the Scouts either. As far as I'm concerned, I would never allow my kids to join such an organization.

Unknown said...

Disgusting bigoted morons... what is their problem?!!! I just cannot wrap my brain around these hateful people!

Emily Shorette said...

blacktsunami-

I'm really sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I want to thank you for reading my blog, and I certainly enjoy reading yours. Maybe between the two of us, we can bring some sanity to this state, nation, and world. Peace to you, my friend.

*ezs*