Monday, October 29, 2012

Don't hold marriage equality against Romney. It's not his fault



In 2004, Massachusetts became the first state to allow gay and lesbian couples to get married. And it happened under Mitt Romney's watch. However, according to this December 2007 appearance on Howie Carr's radio show, Romney doesn't want anyone to hold it against him.

Let's see - that's negative statements against same-sex families and now this. Why did the Log Cabin Republicans and GoProud endorse Romney again?

Oh wait. Let me guess by remembering the words of a GoProud member:

“I understand I’m going to be subject to certain limitations . . . I understand I won’t have equal rights. But I also want to be filthy rich, and I think the Republican ticket can get me there.”
 
Big hat tip to Jeremy Hooper, who was recently chosen as one of Instinct magazine's "Leading Men of 2012." 


Bookmark and Share

No comments: