Monday, November 02, 2009

CNN reports on being black and gay in America



The above clip is from a recent CNN Report on "Blacks and Gay Equality."

While I'm not happy about the name - I don't like the subtle way it pushes the idea that gays and blacks are two separate entities - the clip is awesome.

One thing though - can anyone tell me what exactly is the "gay lifestyle."

I'm not trying to attack my heterosexual brothers and sisters but so many of them have things mixed up.

Homosexuality is not a "lifestyle." Putting on a skin tight dress or wearing your pants down past your ass, drinking and hitting on each other in a club, and then having wild sex that leads to illegitimate births is a lifestyle.

Having four children from three different women, now that is a lifestyle.

Like I said, I am not trying to downplay heterosexual African-Americans but this self-righteous duplicity, the hypocrisy that many invoke in an attempt to justify their ignorance about their lgbt brothers and sisters is stifling.

And when people continue to be stifled, they either die or rebel:

Big hat tip to Pam's House Blend.




Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Unknown said...

One thing though - can anyone tell me what exactly is the "gay lifestyle.”

That’s how they openly get away with calling gay people “disgusting.”