Friday, June 12, 2009

An excellent video on civil rights for all!!

This is one of the best videos I have ever seen. It was made by BethCA66 (on youtube). This is what she says about it:

Making this video has left me drained, speechless and sad. I am triracial: African American, Native American and various flavors of European American. Although we're triracial, my family and I primarily identify as African American. Mormonanswerman has claimed that African Americans do not like to have comparisons drawn between the GLBTQ civil rights movement and the African-American civil rights movement. Speaking as an African American, the comparison holds true. The history of discrimination may be be different, but the effects of hatred, bigotry and bias are the same.

Amen sister! I dare anyone to watch this video and not be moved:



Whew! After that serious video, here is something from my childhood to make you smile:






Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Bill S said...

Great videos. I realize, of course, that the first video would have no effect on the very people we wish it would work on. It's still a powerful video.
And I loved "The Electric Company" as a kid, so any excuse you can find to post a clip from it is fine by me.

BlackTsunami said...

Every chance I get, I'm going to post an Electric Company video.