Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Fallout from Canadian ex-gay piece

Yesterday, I posted an entry about how ex-gay Christian singer James MacDonald manipulated a complaint by gay rights groups in Canada to give an inaccurate picture of lgbts.

He used the statistics of gay health in the complaint to blame the lgbt orientation for negative behavior such as alcohol abuse and depression (although in his defense, he is saying that he was talking about "gay sex" and not gay people).

MacDonald omitted the fact that the complaint placed the blame on homophobia and a lack of interest in lgbt health care for the negative behaviors.

Since last night, MacDonald and I have been going back and forth about what the complaint said, what he meant to say, and what he was actually saying.

I still say that he is not being honest and of course he disagrees.

Our exchange is in the comments section of the entry and it's an interesting read.

1 comment:

S. said...

I love it!

And I love how this MacDonald guy is EXACTLY like Alan Chambers:

"Even though I said THIS to my 'christian' readers, here's what I REALLY meant".

It's kinda like when Montel was contradicting Alan on his talkshow; what Alan was saying Exodus International is all about onstage VS what the website actually says.

Pathological liars. Dahmer, without the body count (that we know of).