Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Obama and Rick Warren - Let's do the right thing

Homobigot Rick Warren to deliver invocation at inauguration

I don't like it but can we do something other than getting on our computers and spew venom? I swear if some of us lgbts did what we needed to do in our individual communities as quick as we throw around hyperbole on blogs, we would be unbeatable.

Of course it's not supposed to be all peaches and cream. I'm sure before it's all said and done, Obama will do things to piss us off as well as delight us.

One thing for sure though. In light of their protests over the recent Newsweek article about religion and gay marriage, the religious right had better not say a damned thing about our supposed "lack of tolerance."

Of course who am I kidding?

But this is the perfect time to act as a community. I am sorry if I offended some by my first statements but I am of the opinion that we shouldn't waste time talking about how "Obama betrayed us."

We need to show our anger as a community over this action. When the religious right gets angry, they complain en masse.

Why should we be any different?

I don't like the assumption that Obama should "get where we are coming from" without some prodding from us from time to time.

And this is one of those times.

So, if you want to complain, here are the appropriate emails to do it. I don't think I have to tell you all to show some dignity and respect. Be courteous:

parag.mehta@ptt.gov (Parag Mehta is Obama’s LGBT liaison in the transition team.)

dnoble@barackobama.com

bbond@barackobama.com

steve@hildebrandtewes.com (Steve Hildebrandt)

fred.hochberg@ptt.com )

4 comments:

PamalaLauren said...

You realize that this choice wasn't in Obama's control at all, but rather Congress chose this person. How about emailing them instead?

BlackTsunami said...

I agree. My point is rather than get on webpages and blogs and throw around hyperbole, those of us who are angry over this should voice our opinion in a way that shows not only our anger but our numbers, i.e. Congress or whoever else had a hand in this decision.

PamalaLauren said...

I think congress, and I wish I could find out exactly who in congress made this decision cause it sounds like some GOP people deciding to have a little fun to me, actually made this decision. I think emailing Obama and his staff would be a waste of time because I don't think they have power to change it really.

Unknown said...

PamalaLauren, from what I have read this was Obama's choice, not not the United Stats Congress. Please provide me with a link.