It's one of THOSE tuesdays
1. First of all, please pray for my mother as she is going to the hospital for yet another bout with diverticulitis.
Between her problems and mine, we channel Judy Garland and Liza Minelli. Of course I get to be Liza (the younger one).
2. I liked yesterday's game. In fact, I am going to play it again a few more times in the future.
3. A little over a week away from my first book signing and not only have my books not come yet but I haven't written down word one of my small speech.
And I hate the design of the poster that I am due to email to Kinko's tonight.
Can you say panic?
Well at least the sales from amazon.com are coming in. Very slowly, that is.
4. And I have a small conundrum. I am thinking about reconnecting with a dear friend of mine (shut your dirty minds, he is straight) whom I haven't seen or spoken to in over 10 years. Of course I would then have to tell him why I am 36 and have yet to meet the woman of my dreams.
And I don't know how he is going to take the news that I am gay. I hope if I tell him that he does not ask me did I ever look at him naked.
Well I can always say technically no. I never looked at him naked. Only certain parts of his body. And to answer your question, it looked spectacular.
All jokes aside, regardless of what anyone tells you, the rejection from a friend who finds out you're gay is like your soul getting sliced. And frankly, I am too old to be a victim of soul slicing. The wound may take longer to heal than it would if I were younger.
5. I hear our friend Peter LaBarbera is going to hold a press conference where he will show footage he took of Folsom Street Fair in San Francisco.
Please pardon me for not giving a shit.
6. Lastly (and yes this is a shameless plug), I encourage those who haven't already to check my site http://www.holybullies.com/ and buy a copy of my book, Holy Bullies and Headless Monsters: Exposing the Lies of the Anti-Gay Industry.
Trust me when I say that it is THE book to have when you are forced to do battle with the anti-gay industry.
Now forgive me for leaving. I have two boxes of ice cream sandwiches with my name on them.
After all, who needs sex when one has chocolate?